Its been a while I posted anything on my blog. Just been too pre-occupied with many things. I keep trying something new every now and then and I click pics and decide to post it but then again other things take priority in my list.
My new found passion for a few months have been baking cakes, cookies and breads, buns, rolls. This time I tried an eggless orange cake. I had plenty of oranges lying in my fridge unused for a few days and I wanted to bake something different, so I browsed through many recipes and adapted the recipe from here.. The cake came out soft, moist and flavourful.
For the cake you may need:
- All purpose flour / Maida 1 and a half cups, take out 3 tablespoons maida from it and add 3 tablespoons of cornflour to the maida (this makes it the cake flour)
- brown sugar 1/2 cup
- baking soda 1tsp
- baking powder 1/4th tsp
- a pinch of salt
- oil ( I used sunflower oil) 1/3rd cup
- Orange juice ( I used freshly squeezed juice) – 1 cup
- orange zest zest taken from a medium orange, you can adjust it according to your liking
- vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar) 1tsp
- Vanilla essence 1tsp
- Take a 9 inch cake pan and prepare it by brushing oil and dusting some flour.
- Pre heat the oven at 190 degrees.
- Sieve the APF, baking soda, baking powder.
- In a bowl add all the wet ingredients, and mix well to incorporate everything.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and tap to remove the bubbles.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 mins. Mine came out clean at 35 mins, you should keep an eye from around 25 mins.
- Take the cake pan from the oven and let it cool, then run a knife around the edges and invert on a cooling rack. Let it cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy the cake… you can use this cake for frosting too, but my family doesn’t like frosted cakes that much.